Final Italian Serie A 2014/15 position: 1st.
Last 5 competitive games: DRAW, WIN, WIN, WIN, DRAW
1. In 2006, the Italian national team won the World Cup in the final in Berlin. Now, the Italian champions have the chance of winning the most important club tournament.
2. Last time Barcelona played against Juventus in Champions League 2002/2003 quarter-finals. The Italian club advanced to the semifinals after very tight two games.
3. Juventus have not lost a Champions League against a Spanish opposition on the home soil in this century. They beat Real Madrid in 2015, drew with Atletico Madrid in 2014, drew with Real Madrid in 2013, beat Real Madrid in 2005, 2008, 2003, beat Barca in 2003, and beat Deportivo in 2003 and 2000
5. Juve’s Álvaro Morata is the best Spanish goalscorer in this season’s Champions League. He has netted his four goals in his last six Champions League games.
4. Juventus have lost their last three Champions League finals played. They last lifted the trophy in 1995/96 after winning on penalties against Ajax.
FC Barcelona Facts:
Final Spanish La Liga Primera 2014/15 position: 1st.
Last 5 competitive games: WIN, DRAW, WIN, LOSE, WIN
1. Barcelona won Champions League four times, three times in this century. Juventus won Champions League only twice in the past, last time in 1996
2. Both Barca and Juve have won their domestic leagues this season. In 38 league games Juve and Barca conceded just over 20 goals each. However, Barca scored nearly 40 goals more than the Italian club. On the other hand, Juventus’ defence in Champions League is second to none – they’have conceded only seven goals in all the CL games this year!
3. Barcelona won Champions League four times, three times in this century. Juventus won Champions League only twice in the past, last time in 1996.
4. It will be Barcelona’s fourth Champions League final since 2006. No other team has played more CL finals in such a short period.
5. It will be Messi’s third Champions League final. In scored the last two, in 2009 and in 2011, both times in the second half.
6. Lionel Messi has never had a chance to play against Gianluigi Buffon in a competitive game.
7. It’s the first time that a team has two strikers with 9 or more goals in a single CL season. Messi took his tally 10 goals and Neymar scored 9 times so far.